Spring is finally happening! The sunshine, and warm weather is making me so happy, even though I do love winter activities like skiing and ice skating!
Even though the temps are warming up, I am still loving soups! I find they are perfect for lunch- not too heavy, still super filling, and so delicious! Today, I wanted to share a classic soup with a healthy twist- cause we can still eat the foods we love without sacrificing our health!
This potato soup is yes, green, because it has hidden veggies (hello, health!) and other goods which make it nutritionally dense! To make it even better, this soup is super easy (no pun intended) to make and only has 9 ingredients! It’s super creamy and great to pair with a salad or a sandwich for an amazing meal! It is also super meal-prep friendly so you can make it on Sunday for an easy lunch for the week!
Are you ready to make it?
Healthier Potato Soup
By: Grace // Just A Veg
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 medium onion, chopped (equivalent to about 1 cup)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup minced garlic
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cup potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups veggie stock
2 cups frozen greens (spinach, kale, or a mix)
1 cup almond milk
Spices: oregano, chili powder, thyme, parsley, pepper, sea salt
- In a large pot, sauté onion, celery, carrot, and garlic in the olive oil until soft and onion is translucent
- Add the potatoes and veggie stock to the pot, bring to a boil
- Once boiling, cook potatoes until soft
- Add greens and stir to thaw
- Once everything is combined, transfer the soup over to a blender. Blend soup until creamy and smooth. Transfer back into the pot
- Add the almond milk and spices to taste.
- You are done! Enjoy with toppings (I used crispy onions), salad, a sandwich or on its own!
I hope you enjoy this soup! It is very hearty and delicious yet still is super healthy and filling! Let me know what your favorite type of soup is in the comments below.
Have a fantastic week!
Grace // Just A Veg ♥